Locating Solenoid

Thomv

Petty Officer 1st Class
On my 1999 454 MPI motor I am trying to locate where the slave starter solenoid is mounted to the engine. This is the solenoid that is supposed to be mounted on a bracket along with the 50 amp circuit breaker. I need to run some electrical tests on the starter wiring.
Thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Locating Solenoid

Moving to the Mercruiser forum. This is an engine problem, the electrical forum is basically for non engine electrical and electronics systems.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I can't tell you for sure where it's located, but I can tell you it's the only solenoid on your engine that has 2 terminals of the solenoid with Yellow/red stripe wires going to it.

I also added some info to your signature that will show up next time you post. Makes it easier to figure out what you have. 1999 454 MPI is not a good description.

Thomv

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't tell you for sure where it's located, but I can tell you it's the only solenoid on your engine that has 2 terminals of the solenoid with Yellow/red stripe wires going to it.

I also added some info to your signature that will show up next time you post. Makes it easier to figure out what you have. 1999 454 MPI is not a good description.

Thanks