Alpha one gen 2 shift assist rigging

rl4585

Cadet
Does anyone know how I can get my shift assist to move a little more. Not quite moving enough to engage switch and temporarily kill engine. outdrive grinding on shifts. Thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Alpha one gen 2 shift assist rigging

The shift switch has nothing to do with going into gear, only about coming out of gear. READ THIS
If you have a grinding problem going into gear, you either have cable problems, adjustment of the cable, engine idle too high, or shifting too slow.
Here is how to adjust the cable.

View attachment A1G2 Shift Cable Adjust.pdf

rl4585

Cadet

The shift switch has nothing to do with going into gear, only about coming out of gear. READ THIS
If you have a grinding problem going into gear, you either have cable problems, adjustment of the cable, engine idle too high, or shifting too slow.
Here is how to adjust the cable.

View attachment 185693

Great download. thankyou again Don. I went the wrong way on the 4 turns after alignment. I thought the shift assist was supposed to kill engine temporarily when shifting in to gear however. Mine wasnt moveing enough to do that. Will re rig and check.

rl4585

Cadet

OHHHH. Just read it. Wow was I totally wrong about shift assist. I may be idling too high as you mentioned. Thanks again.