Smartcraft question

Spray01

Recruit
Hi .. I have a 2004 Mercruiser 4.3L MPI and I am interested in getting a MercMonitor with Eco Screen as well as the NMEA 2000 Gateway.

My questions are:

(1) I am assuming that any of the features that do not come off the engine such as fuel level, trim, water in fuel etc .. require installation of separate sensors to/from the source and connected to the MerMonitor itself that would be installed in the dash. If I am correct, then how many separate sensors can the in-dash gauge accommodate. Or do all these separate sensors connect to 1 or more junction boxes that I would need to install and these junction boxes would in turn be connected to the gauge in the dash?

(2) Does the MerMonitor come with all the external non-engine related sensors or are they additional ? Would anyone have the Mercury part #s for the MercMonitor with ECO screen, the NMEA 2000 Gateway, fuel, trim, speed and steering angle sensors and junction boxes

(3) Would anyone have the installation instructions that I could read to see how all of this would be installed

Many Thanks

Spray01

Recruit
Re: Smartcraft question

Don S.

Sorry but "Yes" to which part in my last post ?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes, you can install Smartcraft on your boat. Your wiring harness on the engine has the CAN connector.

Spray01

Recruit

Don S ..

Sorry again but my questions were:

(1) I am assuming that any of the features that do not come off the engine such as fuel level, trim, water in fuel etc .. require installation of separate sensors to/from the sources i.e. fuel sender

(2) And these sensors would have to be connected to the MerMonitor itself that would be installed in the dash. If I am correct, then how many separate sensors can the in-dash gauge accommodate.

(2) Or do all these separate sensors connect to 1 or more junction boxes that I would need to install and these junction boxes would in turn be connected to the gauge in the dash?

(3) Does the MerMonitor come with all the external non-engine related sensors or are they additional ?

(4) Would anyone have the Mercury part #s for the MercMonitor with ECO screen, the NMEA 2000 Gateway, fuel, trim, speed and steering angle sensors and junction boxes