Bravo III Zinc's

ChapMike

Cadet
I have a 2010 Bravo III on my boat that has a series of Zincs. Acording to the service manual, they need to be replaced when 50% of their original weight is left. Does anyone know the factory weights for the following:

Mine have been in the water for 2.5 years and they look good as new (thats probably because I have nothing to compare them to). Also, when reinstalling the zincs should I use blue threadlocker?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bravo III Zinc's

For one thing, they aren't "Zinc". Assuming they are original OEM type anodes, they have been made out of aluminum or magnesium since the 90's.
What water are you in? Salt or Fresh?

50% means by appearance, not weight.

ChapMike

Cadet

Don,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I boat on Lake Michigan in fresh water. Every year I take the anodes off and clean them before putting them back on. Had some trouble removing the prop shaft anode because of the blue loctite. Other than that, they look good as new.... But appearance can be decieving.

Mike

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here is what they should look like.

Anodes.jpg

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Also, when reinstalling the zincs should I use blue threadlocker?

I add no type of threadlocker to the anodes when I install them on mine. I have noticed that some of the bolts in the OEM kit may have a little already on them from the mfg process but I do not add any.

Actually, if you look closely at the picture Don has, or below is a link to see it a little better, you'll notice that some of the bolts actually have a red threadlocker on them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-QUI...BRAVO-III-888761Q02-MARINE-BOAT-/221126440830

Mark