Engine mounts

tomasz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello All,

I'm trying to align my engine and I know that I have to play with the mounts on each side of the engine. I took a look at my transom plate and I noticed that there are 2 mounts as well. What scares me is that on each of those mouts there is something that looks like rubber bushing and a bolt that goes through it however, those bolts (decent size too) seem like they are not in all the way:confused: Is something wrong or I just don't understand how they work???? Thank you in advance for explanation.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Re: Engine mounts

With this type of information that you need, you should give serious consideration to getting a factory service manual. These questions and just about anything else you want to know is in there. With your year and serial number, the good folks on here can direct you to the proper download for the correct manual. I put mine on my thumb drive so I just look up the pages I need and print them out. Some day I will have all the info I need printed and put it into a book, but the thumb drive made a quick and easy download with all the info I need..

Airshot

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

00bbbb.jpg

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

this explains a lot regarding your other thread... take a careful look at the way the rear engine mount goes together and the different versions. look at what you have and see if you put it together properly. It has to be right or you won't be able to align the engine....

tpenfield

Staff member

Once upon a time, I noticed a similar thing on my previous boat. The spacer was missing on one side. I eventually found the spacer in the bilge. My guess was that it was dropped during a previous installation and never fetched.

The diagram above shows the parts and the sequence, which is very important to properly secure the rear of the engine.

tomasz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you so much BT Doctur. This images are a huge help and my rear mounts are exactly same. I'm not removing or installing my engine, I just wanted to make sure how it's should look. Last question that pertains to those mounts is Am I suppose to tighten them from time to time (bolts)?

Thanks again, this was big help. I will print this and put it in my boat binder>

Bondo

Staff member

Thank you so much BT Doctur. This images are a huge help and my rear mounts are exactly same. I'm not removing or installing my engine, I just wanted to make sure how it's should look. Last question that pertains to those mounts is Am I suppose to tighten them from time to time (bolts)?

Thanks again, this was big help. I will print this and put it in my boat binder>

Nope,... Those 1/2" bolts thread into ny-lock nuts that I tape into place while the motor is out,...
They're captive in a slot in the housing, so no wrench needed,...
Just hand start, 'n run 'em in from above....

Once torqued, 'n in place, they shouldn't ever loosen...

tomasz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nope,... Those 1/2" bolts thread into ny-lock nuts that I tape into place while the motor is out,...
They're captive in a slot in the housing, so no wrench needed,...
Just hand start, 'n run 'em in from above....

Once torqued, 'n in place, they shouldn't ever loosen...

Bond-o,
Thanks a lot for the info, now I got entire concept of those mounts. Thank you again.