kill switch help

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys, first off I have a 2006 Bayliner 195 with a 4.3L MPI.

I have been having starting issues lately and I think I have narrowed it down to the kill switch.
As it stands initially when I turn the key it beeps as it should, but then there's no noise from the engine trying to start. If I flip the kill switch to "off" engine turns over. if I switch it back to "run" nothing, back to "off" it turns over. Normally by the time I flip it back and forth 2 or 3 times the engine turns over just fine and will start.

Can anyone offer advice how to take the kill switch apart to inspect it? Do I have to take apart the entire throttle? I just don't want to mess anything else up in the meantime!

Thanks in advance!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: kill switch help

Hey guys, first off I have a 2006 Bayliner 195 with a 4.3L MPI.

I have been having starting issues lately and I think I have narrowed it down to the kill switch.
As it stands initially when I turn the key it beeps as it should, but then there's no noise from the engine trying to start. If I flip the kill switch to "off" engine turns over. if I switch it back to "run" nothing, back to "off" it turns over. Normally by the time I flip it back and forth 2 or 3 times the engine turns over just fine and will start.

Can anyone offer advice how to take the kill switch apart to inspect it? Do I have to take apart the entire throttle? I just don't want to mess anything else up in the meantime!

Thanks in advance!

Ayuh,.... Don't take the switch apart,... it Workin',...

I'd suspect that either where it's comin' from, or goin' too is the Issue,...

Somebody more knowing with those 'puter motors will be along to help,...

The "Kill switch", should have absolutely No effect at all on the Startin' circuit....

Have ya done any wirin' lately,..??

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: kill switch help

The only wiring I have done was to wire in a new wired remote for my stereo. I did tie into an empty slot on the fuse box that is directly below my helm though...But I did that a few months ago and the starting issue just started. That's not saying I didn't screw something up haha