Hydraulic lifters for Mercruiser 3.0L

Mile-High Mariner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone have the NAPA part number for the lifters for a 1993 Mercruiser 3.0L? BONDO - you posted the NAPA part number for a 1987 3.0 back in July of 2004 - is it the same lifter? Thanks!

waterdog85170

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Hydraulic lifters for Mercruiser 3.0L

according to my napa book all G.M. 4 cylinders (120-140, 2.5-3.0 and 3.0lx) use part # 18-1402. hope this helps.

Bondo

Staff member

A Quick Call to NAPA will get you the Answer,....<br />I don't have My catalog handy this morning.....<br /><br />While you're talking to them,....<br />Ask for a copy of the Marine Specialties Catalog,...part # MSP-7,.....<br />Then You'll have the Same book I've got......... ;)

Mile-High Mariner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the rapid responses, fellas! I'll cross check your number, waterdog - the number Bondo gave for the '87 3.0 Merc a couple of years ago was: 18-1481, so maybe they've changed their part reference.<br /><br />How are things in New England, Bondo, old man? I haven't been on the forum for a few months - been traveling all over the country with my work, but I've brought the Stingray with me to Oregon and found some time to work on it so that we can have some fun this summer.

Mile-High Mariner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

:D This is hilarious - I had left a message for my NAPA guy, using the 14-1481 part number, and he called me back this morning wondering why I needed 8 crankshafts for my Mercruiser motor! :eek: I told him I was building up this monster inline-64 for a Guiness record attempt for most torque in an 18-foot bowrider! ;)

Bondo

Staff member

Hi Dave,...... Things are justa Movin' Along up here on the banks of the Chaumont River.......<br />
This is hilarious - I had left a message for my NAPA guy, using the 14-1481 part number, and he called me back this morning wondering why I needed 8 crankshafts for my Mercruiser motor!
Well You're Right,.... I must have miss posted the #,......18-1481 Is the # for the Cam Shaft,.....<br />I can't find the 14-1481 Crank Shaft listed....... :D <br /><br />And,..... Ayuh,.... 18-1402 is the # for the Lifters, for All of the 4cyl. Chevies that merc. used, that NAPA lists.........

Mile-High Mariner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Typos, typos, typos..... :p <br /><br />Glad to hear things are going well. I'll be happier once I've gotten this dang valvetrain squared away. You and Don have been very helpful in my quest for correction of my mechanical issues, and I'll post updates on the couple of threads that I initiated to ask about the various parts of my combustion problems. I found that the exhaust valve in cylinder #2 was not burned, just stuck open, and now its lifter is collapsed, so I'm replacing all of them, flushing out the engine lube system and pumping in some fresh Rotella. Before the lifter collapsed, I got the boat underway nicely, up to ~4200 rpm/35 kts. Ah, well, what would I do with my free time without wrenching with one hand and shaking my fist at the motor with the other? :) <br /><br />Cheers - have a good weekend!

Bondo

Staff member

4200 rpms is on the Low side of what you otto be turning,.......<br />4600/4800 I believe is your Target......<br />
Cheers - have a good weekend!
You Too....... ;)