2003 350 Magnum MPI IAC whistle

homelite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I installed a new engine over the last few months. While cleaning parts and the Throttle body, I found a scotchbrite pad type of torn up material I assume was a siliencer. It was so rotton and worn, I tossed it in the trash. Now the engine is done and running great, but has a high rush of air in the IAC passage.

So, I ordered a 35-863829 Muffler-IAC and am going to install it. Question is, what holds it in place, or does it just lay in the IAC passage hole? There is a hole through the center of it (the muffler). I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that is supposed to hold it in.....

thanks,
Scott

NHGuy

Captain
Re: 2003 350 Magnum MPI IAC whistle

I bet when it shows it will be obvious. If it's OE they will likely send along an install sheet. I put on some Mercruiser parts today, and even though the installation was obvious there was a sheet.

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: 2003 350 Magnum MPI IAC whistle

So, I ordered a 35-863829 Muffler-IAC and am going to install it. Question is, what holds it in place, or does it just lay in the IAC passage hole? There is a hole through the center of it (the muffler). I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that is supposed to hold it in.....

thanks,
Scott
It'll just lay in the IAC passage hole with you giving the muffler light pressure during installation to help hold it in place.