mercruiser 350 magnum tournament skier 2006 repower - low oil pressure light

jbalskus

Recruit
I have a 93 malibu with 2006 quicksilver repowered magnum. I think I have loose wiring harness as it wont start (nothing on turning ignition) unless I jiggle with wiring harness at back of engine. I discovered this after replacing the alternator and the 50 amp circuit breaker. both were getting old as breaker would not push in anymore. But that wasnt the problem!

So it starts and there is no audible warning sound, but the light on the panel is telling me that there is no oil pressure and warning light stays on with increased idel.

Wondering if it is the sensor or sending unit? I cant believe it would be the oil pump and isnt that in the bottom of the pan? I am dreading that could be the problem sinc the engine would need removal to get at pan.

how can i see if oil pressure gauge is wrong? take out the sensor?

thanks

I am trying to salvage the boating season!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: mercruiser 350 magnum tournament skier 2006 repower - low oil pressure light

and the 50 amp circuit breaker. both were getting old as breaker would not push in anymore.
If they aren't popped out, they won't push in. Even new they stick out some.

If it works when you wiggle the main harness connection, then you need to look there to find the problem. Loose terminals, corroded, maybe even a broken wire in the connector.