2006 Mercruiser 496 Mag 375HP, Low Pressure Sensor Alarm????

Shaun78

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have been trying to research this for an answer with not much luck. My boat has 100 hours and I just bought it. Impeller changed and backing plate was machine flush again. Riser temps are 110 and 119 and engine is 160-165 so how can i have low water pressure with the engine running nice and cool???? The left side doesnt pump well when i run her on the muffs which is weird. I did removed alot of the raw water side cooling hoses to check for a blockage and all seem clear but weird that there was no water coming out of the hoses after I ran the boat allday. Does the water comes out when i pull the boat out of the water thru the outdrive? Its like the raw water side empites itself out. it is the closed cooling setup. I have the bravo 1 with low water pickups and yes i did block those holes. I changed the sensor which is on the oil cooler behind the engine and still beeps constant as soon as i throttle it up and when i let off it stops. I removed the sensor wiring plug and i can run the boat allday but cant go over 4000 RPMs cause now i get the 2 beeps every 2 minutes cause computer is looking for pressure sensor but i disconected it. Question is what can it be and can i bypass the sensor? Really want to see what this boat can do and make it right so what can it be?