2004 q4

rhrs2414

Recruit
Hey guys,

New to the forum here and to boating, well boating on my own boat lol. Just purchased a used 04 tahoe Q4 has the 4.3, which is two years old. this weekend and everything seems to be going pretty well. Gotta replace the bilge pump seems to be inop and ive got to trouble shoot the speedo which isnt working either. The question i had was every now and again it will bog down during hard or normal acceleration, seems to be flooding out maybe (strong smell of gas)? i run the blower for three-four min prior to starting, sometimes I could hardly get it to crank back up. But once it gets going man it runs like a top. Any ideas on where to start would be great. Look foward to being a member here

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2004 q4

Hey guys,

New to the forum here and to boating, well boating on my own boat lol. Just purchased a used 04 tahoe Q4 has the 4.3, which is two years old. this weekend and everything seems to be going pretty well. Gotta replace the bilge pump seems to be inop and ive got to trouble shoot the speedo which isnt working either. The question i had was every now and again it will bog down during hard or normal acceleration, seems to be flooding out maybe (strong smell of gas)? i run the blower for three-four min prior to starting, sometimes I could hardly get it to crank back up. But once it gets going man it runs like a top. Any ideas on where to start would be great. Look foward to being a member here

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Start with a Tune Up, Full Service, 'n Compression test to establish a baseline...