350MAG runs great, eventually stalls out

Crownliner02

Recruit
hey everyone. im new to the forum and being new ive had to come cause of boat issues, any help is greatly appreciated. anyways ive got an 02 crownline fitted with a 350 magnum engine and bravo 1 outdrive. over the past couple years the engine has been stalling. now i can take it out and run the **** out of it and it will run great, some days i wont even have issues with it. but its becoming more frequent here lately..after driving around for awhile, skiing, cruising, we will sit for a couple hours and just swim or whatever, go to start it back up, it runs for a bit but the engine starts sputtering. ill give it gas and u can tell its starving for air or fuel as it backfires thru the intake, then eventually dies. after a while of it sitting, it will start back up and run perfectly fine. the only thing i notice, well i think i notice, is when i turn the key i hear the fuel pump start its usual whine but it just doesnt sound quite right as it does when the engine runs fine. maybe im hearing things. but anyways any ideas on what to start checking would help. thanks. btw the engine is fuel injected

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 350MAG runs great, eventually stalls out

Ayuh,... Check the boat's fuel system for restrictions, up to the motor's fuel pump...