Quicksilver remote control question

CTD2001

Recruit
I have an 89 merc 5.7 260 hp with an alpha one drive and quicksilver remote control. My question is the neutral lock out button does not need to be pushed in in order for me to engage the drive into forward or reverse. The boat runs great and the only reason this concerns me is because of the kids may grab the controller and engage it into gear will the boat is idling. Is there a reason why lock out button doesnt need to be grabed in order for it to be put in gear? Thank for any insight

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Quicksilver remote control question

I have an 89 merc 5.7 260 hp with an alpha one drive and quicksilver remote control. My question is the neutral lock out button does not need to be pushed in in order for me to engage the drive into forward or reverse. The boat runs great and the only reason this concerns me is because of the kids may grab the controller and engage it into gear will the boat is idling. Is there a reason why lock out button doesnt need to be grabed in order for it to be put in gear? Thank for any insight

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... The neutral button is used to get JUST the throttle....

My guess is, yer controller is old enough not to have a neutral lock....

The answer is to keep yer kids Away for any vehicle that's Runnin'....