champion equivalent to ac plug 3 liter

intrepid

Seaman
Hi<br /><br />I have a 95 LX 3.0 liter 4 cylinder engine that wants AC mr42lts plugs.<br /><br />What equivalent plug from champion would fit this engine?<br /><br />Thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: champion equivalent to ac plug 3 liter

Check the cross-reference book wherever you plan to buy the plugs. Plugs can be cross-referenced to any manufacturer.

KaGee

Admiral

Don't do it!<br />Chevy Engines prefer AC plugs!

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,...........<br /><br />ACs go in Chevys,........<br /><br />Autolites go in Fords,.........<br /><br />And,.......<br />Champions go in the Dumpster......... ;)

ron7000

Banned

ngk has an excel file of most all cross references among all brands. links are below. they will give you the plug thread size, reach, and style so you can find any plug that will fit.<br /><br />For what it's worth, I'm running denso iridium's, #IT20. 2002 bayliner, 3L. Mine calls for MR43LTS, not 42. I believe the cross for either is champion RS12YC #401. sparkplugs.com is also another good source. Some other crosses are autolite 103, NGK BPR6EFS, NGK v-power TR5 or TR6. I've tried TR5 and found them to be too hot for mine.<br /><br /><br /> http://home.att.net/~ngkaz/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html <br /><br />an older chart:<br />www.aep.bigstep.com/Master_Table_of_Cross_Reference.xls

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander

Stick to AC's for GM. The other stuff works but isn't the same as AC's.