8.1L fuel problems mercruiser

davidsimmons

Recruit
so i get this boat starboard engine has 90 psi fuel pressure i put port engine pumps and reg in starboard problem solved get new pumps put in port eng both run fine now starboard motor runs at 36 psi and stalls i watch fuel pressure go to 0psi i can fill the filetr bowls and it restarts and runs at 36 psi until its out i disconnected the fuel line and put it in a can to eliminate tank check valve but it does same thing removed pumps and filters dont see anything wrong have 12 volts and good ground i didnt have any problems with port side so my starboard had two problems high pressure and stalling ??? the low pressure pump doesnt seem to be pulling fuel from tank or a can ???its running out of fuel???

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 8.1L fuel problems mercruiser

the low pressure pump doesnt seem to be pulling fuel from tank or a can ???its running out of fuel???

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... My WAGuess is a Vacuum leak on the intake of that pump....

davidsimmons

Recruit

Yes it pulls from a can i was gonna connect it to the port tank to see how it runs

Bondo

Staff member

Yes it pulls from a can i was gonna connect it to the port tank to see how it runs

Ayuh,.... Ya said it Didn't in yer other post...

If it Does,... You've got a restriction in the other tank, or it's plumbin'....
Or a vacuum leak...