Thunderbolt 4 to mallory marine

just a splash

Recruit
I AM REPLACING MY TOTAL IGNITION SYSTEM WITH MALLORY MARINE DISTRIBUTOR COIL AND WIRES. MY TROUBLE IS WHAT DO I DO WITH THE EXTRA WHITE/GREEN WIRE COMING FROM MY SHIFT CUT OFF/ TERMINAL BLOCK THAT USED TO GO TO THE WHITE/GREEN( sorry for caps ) these wires are no longer needed nor have anything to hook up to them. I saw an earlier post about this same ? and the person got 2 responses one said take it to neg - side of coil other said to + side of coil so now i am really confused. I gues the next ? would be is this even required with the mallory system.

boat is 1995 ebb tide 2300 with 5.0 Alpha 1 drive. Thanks Mike

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Thunderbolt 4 to mallory marine

Depends on which Mallory distributor you bought, they have all kinds.

Bondo

Staff member

I AM REPLACING MY TOTAL IGNITION SYSTEM WITH MALLORY MARINE DISTRIBUTOR COIL AND WIRES. MY TROUBLE IS WHAT DO I DO WITH THE EXTRA WHITE/GREEN WIRE COMING FROM MY SHIFT CUT OFF/ TERMINAL BLOCK THAT USED TO GO TO THE WHITE/GREEN( sorry for caps ) these wires are no longer needed nor have anything to hook up to them. I saw an earlier post about this same ? and the person got 2 responses one said take it to neg - side of coil other said to + side of coil so now i am really confused. I gues the next ? would be is this even required with the mallory system.

boat is 1995 ebb tide 2300 with 5.0 Alpha 1 drive. Thanks Mike

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... I'm curious as to Why,..??

You took off 'bout the Best marine ignition system ever put together...

Regardless Who's ignition ya run,... The shift switch has to still work, or the drive won't come outa gear...

'n like Don says,... Mallory makes 'bout a Million different systems...

just a splash

Recruit

Just a quick update put the Mallory ignition in boat runs fantastic put several hours on and warm boog is gone I would recommend thus to anyone that has confirmed they have an ignition problem it was simple no frills conversion no more throwing modules triggers distributir etc parts and waisted hours on the water

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just a quick update put the Mallory ignition in boat runs fantastic put several hours on and warm boog is gone I would recommend thus to anyone that has confirmed they have an ignition problem it was simple no frills conversion no more throwing modules triggers distributir etc parts and waisted hours on the water

Just a heads up... Mallory stuff is well made and performs very great. The modules do however fail and usually just go out completely without intermittent problems. Carry a spare!!! They are impossible to find especially on the weekend when you need it the most.