Alpha 1 Gen 1 trim tab anode

RHETTDAWG

Cadet
Can anyone tell me what anode should be on my '87 Alpha 1 gen 1 outdrive? it has a flat anode that needs replaced and I am told it should have a skag on it. which is true or best? I am talking about the trim tab position anode.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Alpha 1 Gen 1 trim tab anode

most propellers will accept one with a tap, some SS props require a flat one.

chizwizdiz

Seaman Apprentice

most propellers will accept one with a tap, some SS props require a flat one.

^^This. I have an alpha one, gen one and when I went to replace the trim tab, the version with the skeg wouldn't allow my SS prop to spin, I ended up just getting the flat version again.

Bondo

Staff member

Can anyone tell me what anode should be on my '87 Alpha 1 gen 1 outdrive? it has a flat anode that needs replaced and I am told it should have a skag on it. which is true or best? I am talking about the trim tab position anode.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... If ya got P/Steerin', the flat plate is what ya want...

ziggy

Admiral

from what i get. if ya got power steering ya go with the flat one. if not, ya go with the skeg version that's adj. for steering torque produced by the prop.
if your prop don't allow the skeg version, ya can always cut out the part that interferes.
IMG_0697.jpg

my old mc-1 drive is the worst. it has the super long trim tab anode. it needed clearance and ya can see how i achieved it....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0

ktbarrentine

Lieutenant

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... If ya got P/Steerin', the flat plate is what ya want...

Guess I will get rid of my skeg version and go with a flat one (I have power steering on my Chapparal)... Wonder if I will see any difference in my steering(?)