My 2009 5.0 wont start after running out of gas

finaticmw

Cadet
I'm new hear and want to thank all in advance for any help I can get. I have a 2009 Baylinger 245 SB with a 5.0 Mercuiser. Yesterday I think I ran out of gas. When I came off a plane the engine wouldn't run above an idle and was very rough. The tow boat brought me 15 gallons of gas and it would not refire. After adding the gas it ran rough and not above an idle. Then it wouldn't even fire. The engine has 300 hours on it. It's in Florida and is dry stored and used weekly. Anone have any thoughts on what might be going on?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: My 2009 5.0 wont start after running out of gas

Carbed or EFI?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

It is EFI

If you ran out of fuel it will have sucked up a lot of air... It's going to take a bit of time to purge that air from the system... Try throwing a small amount of fuel down the throttle body and see if it runs any better....

Chris.....

finaticmw

Cadet

If you ran out of fuel it will have sucked up a lot of air... It's going to take a bit of time to purge that air from the system... Try throwing a small amount of fuel down the throttle body and see if it runs any better....

Chris.....

I went to the marina last night to clean it and when I opened the hatch I listened for the fuel pump and it ran for a second then stopped. I hit the key and she fired right up.. What a relief, Thanks to all for the help.