Carter 152-875 Electric Fule Pump Wiring Diagram

brucewol

Recruit
Mercruiser 2010
5.7 L 350 Carburator

I've got a Mercruiser replacement engine a couple of years ago that had an electric fuel pump installed Carter 152-875. There are 2 leads, 1 ground, 1 power. The ground lead was attached to the water pickup pump. So yesterday, I did the yearly replacement of the impeller after the boat sat for the winter. Since there's a slide connector to the electric fuel pump, it's easier to disconnect the ground at the fuel pump then at the water pickup pump. So new impeller installed and go to put it back on when I noticed that power lead to the electric fuel pump is also disconnected. Not +/- indications on the electric fuel pump. So how do I connect it? Does it make any difference, is the pump just a diaphram the pulses on/off? Couldn't find anything on Carter Web site. Thanks for any help.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Carter 152-875 Electric Fule Pump Wiring Diagram

Mercruiser 2010
5.7 L 350 Carburator

I've got a Mercruiser replacement engine a couple of years ago that had an electric fuel pump installed Carter 152-875. There are 2 leads, 1 ground, 1 power. The ground lead was attached to the water pickup pump. So yesterday, I did the yearly replacement of the impeller after the boat sat for the winter. Since there's a slide connector to the electric fuel pump, it's easier to disconnect the ground at the fuel pump then at the water pickup pump. So new impeller installed and go to put it back on when I noticed that power lead to the electric fuel pump is also disconnected. Not +/- indications on the electric fuel pump. So how do I connect it? Does it make any difference, is the pump just a diaphram the pulses on/off? Couldn't find anything on Carter Web site. Thanks for any help.

Ayuh,... Jumper it with power, 'n See...

brucewol

Recruit
Re: Carter 152-875 Electric Fule Pump Wiring Diagram

Got through to Carter phone help. The 152-875 is a marine grade fuel pump. There should be + marked on the terminals but I haven't been able to see it after cleaning the area and trying to look at the bottom with a mirror. In any case, it's a dc motor, so if the connectors are hooked up in reverse, it will run backwards. No harm done. Next year, when I pull the water intake pump off, I'll also take the fuel pump off and check. For now, my chances are 50/50 and it's easier to go that route than take the fuel pump off now.