alot of play in my outdrive

ralstoner

Cadet
I hav a villian lll and I noticed I can pivot my outdrive left and right about 4 inches b4 the steering is even affected any suggestions on what mite need replaced or tightened up?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: alot of play in my outdrive

What drive? MC-1, R, MR, Alpha One, Alpha One Gen II, TR, TRS, Bravo, II-drive.... As Number 5 quite often said, "Need more input"....

Chris........

Bondo

Staff member

I hav a villian lll and I noticed I can pivot my outdrive left and right about 4 inches b4 the steering is even affected any suggestions on what mite need replaced or tightened up?

Ayuh,... At the top of the transom is the tiller arm connection,...
If it's not kept Tight, it wears...

Have a look there,...

TilliamWe

Banned

If it's a Bravo, you might get lucky by loosening the u-bolt, (but not removing it), spray some cleaner/lubricant back in there, and re-torquing it to 55ft-lbs. But if you've let it go too long, you have a big $$$$ repair ahead of you. Proper maintanence is the key with those steering arm/tiller/shafts.

ralstoner

Cadet

Ayuh,... At the top of the transom is the tiller arm connection,...
If it's not kept Tight, it wears...

Have a look there,...

Ok great ill look its a 454 mercruiser wit a bravo out drive and if its loose or wore what would need replaced

docholliday

Recruit

trim solenoids will cause this trim issue, when stored outdoors they draw dampness and corrode the contacts inside. same thing with the starter solenoid. these will only get worse unless replaced.