First look inside my Alpha One

rednecktech00

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: First look inside my Alpha One

Thanks for the reply Don. I'm not sure where that leaves me. Can I still assume this is an '88 Alpha MR? I ordered the new bellows and a shift cable. The cable seemed really free in the housing. I will replace it any way. Will order thr shift cable removal tool. While waiting on that, I got an impeller. The old impeller seemed in really great shape. There were a couple of things that didn't look right. I will post pics in a bit.

I am having trouble getting the new impeller fins to bend into the housing. I used the serial number above when I ordered. If the number is not for the drive, could I have the wrong impeller?

To me, the old and new look identical. I just can't get the new fins to bend and fit into the housing.

rednecktech00

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: First look inside my Alpha One

Ok. I read the manual again. Housing twisted on just fine with the impeller on the key on the shaft.
SAM_1661.jpgSAM_1662.jpgSAM_1663.jpg

I could not find the Rubber Centrifugal Slinger. In the top of the housing, there were some rubber fragments in a race around the shaft. Also, look at the water tube. It appears to be like a bellows. I was not expecting to see that What is it? Also, I looked at the old impeller again. There were some cracked fins I had not seen before.

What should I do with this melted part on the water tube?