Trim Sending Unit Question

Dastugatz

Recruit
Random question about Trim Sender switch,

I have bypassed the trim stop switch which i am fine with.. but i am wondering is it at all possible to go around the gimbal with enough wire so it does not sever the connection and go through the transom just to get the gauge working? i would hate to take the whole outdrive apart to replace a gromit and wiring for a gauge to work.

Thank you in advance..

cr2k

Captain
Re: Trim Sending Unit Question

Why would have to take the drive apart, or even off? The gauge mounts to the gimbal ring.

Deese566

Cadet

I've actually seen this done several years back . It works ,but man it really looks bad. Thats going to a lot of trouble to have a trim gauge work. You've already bypassed the trim limit and trim gauge is one of those gauges thats kinda useless in a lot of boats. I rarely even look at em. But to ans your question , yes it will work.

Dastugatz

Recruit

@cr2k thank you, i apologize for the misuse in wording, i am a newbie to this but fairly technical when it come to DIY.. anyway i took the outdrive off for some service and notice this wire passes through the outter ring of the mercruiser setup. I was not sure if a hassle to change out.. ontop of that i know they sell the double pack of both sending and limit switch and since i already bypassed the one i only wanted the other work..

@ Deese thanks for the info.. I bought all new gauges for the boat.. its an older formula that has been restored. So i wanted all the gauges to work.. i am used to jetboats so i also feel have an idea on where the drive is will help avoid scrapping and slamming into stuff.