Direct seawater cooling question.

LX Kid

Ensign
Drat, dang-it and dag nabit! My new "elbows" came in last night and I installed them this morning. Still no water coming out the exhaust at boats aft l. Pulled off the thermostat housing and no water in the block. As mentioned earlier I have no "guts" in the thermostat and it's just free flow. Guess I'm going to have to back flush the all the hoses thru the block and on out. Probably going to have to remove the water pump and check it out as well. I replaced the pump about four years ago with a marine pump but don't think it was designed for sea water! After cleaning the top of the "Y's" they are in good condition. I sprayed liquid rubber on all the boot mateing joints and tightened them down. The pump impeller in the outdrive is also about 3 years old. Anyone got anymore advice for finding the my "no water thru the block?" At least the mortor starts up and runs well.

20141028_093255_zpsab527536.jpg

LX Kid

Ensign
Think I'll pull the lower outdrive and replace the impeller before I go any further. More than likely the problem is the impeller. If after it's replacing, and I still have heating problems, I'll pull the water pump and see if it's still in serviceable condition.