cooling system/water heater question

PaulH

Recruit
I have a 1988 Wellcraft25' Aruba with a Mercruiser V8 (350/260), that I have removed the old water heater from for the shower etc., mounted near the engine below deck. I have removed the old water heater (no good any longer), and have chosen to keep it out . My problem is that I'm not sure what to do about the connection point of the water hose to the engine block. All I have left is the connection under the manifold. What do I do with the connection that now has no hose attached? can I remove the spout connection and replace it with a plug, or do I have to reroute the lines to keep the water looping through the engine? This is a fresh water boat. I have worked on engines (older) many times in the past, but am a little new to marine engine support. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: cooling system/water heater question

Depends on where the connections are. Normally they are in the intake manifold and the circulation pump. The just get plugged.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: cooling system/water heater question

What do I do with the connection that now has no hose attached? can I remove the spout connection and replace it with a plug,

Ayuh,.... There'll be 2 hoses to 2 ports,... Just put plugs in 'em,....