Just Installed Sterndrive Engineering Unit

stnick

Seaman Apprentice
Just for those that are asking for info. on these drives made by Sterndrive Engineering Inc. in Clearwter Fl. I finished my install of the complete Upper and Lower on my Merc.260hp yesterday. Put about 3 good hours on it today. Shifts well and looks great. Pressure test held 20psi for about 2 hours and I decided that was acceptable. I do have a loud whine while in neutral, however, as soon as I shift into gear the noise quits. Any ideas on that will be appreciated. I put in a new gimbal bearing and used a line up shaft to check afterward. I will speak with SEI support this week and report back.<br />Nick Nichols

whywhyzed

Banned
Re: Just Installed Sterndrive Engineering Unit

I've yet to hear of one negative experience... lots of +<br />wish they made OMC's...

DHPMARINE

Captain

Sold 2 of these to customers.First 1 is fine.Second one blew a u-joint.They repaired the drive but we're stuck with the cost of the bell housing and gimbal housing the failed joint destroyed.$$$$$<br /><br />DHP

Capt Ken

Commander

Put a lower on a customer's first of the summer when the upper crashed and broke the driveshaft in the new lower. They warrantied the lower and we bought a new upper to replace the trashed one. Haven't heard back from the customer so no news is good news.