Trim Up not working

CaptainDucky

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I can trim in but not up on mercruiser 140 stern drive. There is not any noise being made when using the top button alone or using both buttons. I now have the motor running in the down position in driveway with muffs and will need to get it to trim up before I put it into the garage. What steps do I need to take please?

Captain Ducky

CaptainDucky

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Trim Up not working

I have tried it in gear and it does not work that way either. I have searched and my case does not show up anywhere on here, unless I missed it. I am wondering if I need a new trim motor?

Captain Ducky

CaptainDucky

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok..so after a little troubleshooting and searching more on the forums...I was able to get the trim up and trailering to work only when in gear. It hit the trim up limit then stopped. Then to put it up all the way I had to use both buttons. Which I have been doing. The problem I have is when it is neutral it will not trim up nor trailer. In neutral the trim in/down works fine. Is there need to worry, or is there a problem that needs to get fixed. I see that when I go to put on trailer from lake it is going to be an issue. Or when I need to bring it up before launch. I'm sorry for the questions, but for some reason it seems different than what manual says. I have a 1977 mark twain, 140hp mercruiser sterndrive.

Captain Ducky

tride000

Recruit

Hello. I'm having this issue with my new to me Bayliner. How did you correct your issue?! Thanks!!

Failproof

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nuetral or in gear should have no effect. Sounds like a short in the wiring behind the controls, or a bad switch.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hello. I'm having this issue with my new to me Bayliner. How did you correct your issue?! Thanks!!

You should start a new thread of your own, and include your engine and drive information, like, model, year, etc.

Just because he may have found a problem with his problem, doesn't mean you will have the same cure.