Fuel Flow Meter

fkonieczny18

Cadet
I would like to get responses from people using fuel flow meter. What brand are your using, which brand do you recommend, and ease of installation? Thanks for all comments.

inlet

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Fuel Flow Meter

Standard Horizon ff41, easy to install, very accurate, relatively inexpensive. If fuel usage is a concern it will pay for itself in short order.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I have the Flow Scan, Twin Scan series. Sorta complicated wiring but worth every penny. <br /><br />With GPS info, for miles to port, and flow scan telling me MPG, and amount of fuel used, I can almost get every gallon of fuel. Its that accurate. On a 185 gallons it accurate to within less than 2 gallons, usually. I wont normally use that much fuel but on a couple of occassions its been close.

qystan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm usng the Navman 5500 gps chartplotter with the flow sensor option. Is the cheapest way to go if you have the Navman units, sensor is about US$100.<br /><br />Very simple option to add, connect into the fuel line and wire harness (can't remember 10 or 15ft length) plug connects to the display unit, no additional wires to add or extend.<br /><br />Gives miles/gal, total fuel used, fuel remaining.