Mercury 4.3MPI stern drive Alarm Baylis Capri 185

Peter63

Recruit
Well folks, I am down under (Australia) reading these issues relating to my engine around the 2beep alarm. I have experienced the same as many strings I have read over the past 24 hours, on this forum and unfortunatey not that much clearer than everyone else. Same circumstances, ie, 2 beep alarm intermittent then loss of revs over a number of restarts whilst trying to get back to the dock.

All oils and fluid levels ok, no indication on gauges of any problems all operating at correct range. No help in manuals to identify causes. Closest I can get to is possibly a faulty sensor.

Once back at home was able to start engine and flush it like any other time. Was able to rev up to at least 2000 in neural for 2 or so minutes (don't panick, I don't do this with rabbit ears, I have a home made flushing drum I fill with water to drop the leg into) and no alarms and no engine failure.

Any thoughts.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury 4.3MPI stern drive Alarm Baylis Capri 185

Wrong section.
This is for outboards.
No idea on the fix.There is a good guy on the Sterndrive section.DonS ask there and someone can help.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Check the IAC on rear of intake.....

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Could be any number of things. Do you have the Merc serial number for your engine handy?

This MAY be the list of what causes the 2 bp/min alarm.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Alarm.jpg
    Alarm.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 0