trim meter pegs

williambt48

Recruit
Have '89 Bluewater with Alpha One 3.0. All of a sudden, the trim meter pegs to UP when the key is on or engine is started--and the engine is trimmed up or down. I'm considering just having the dealer make the repair despite what I suspect will be a costly repair. Anyone have a similar experience and if so, how did you solve it?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: trim meter pegs

Sounds like a bad trim indicator switch. If you have a DVO meter it's not to difficult to check. As for the repair cost I’ve heard the parts alone run around $80.00. Does the trim limit switch still work? If so you can still run the craft without doing any damage. After all, the indicator is just a reference point for your benefit. The action of the boat will indicate if it’s trimmed correctly.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

I would be checking wires...sounds like the grounding issue...I had one of my guages do the same thing after I re-wired panel...found that the ground had somehow came loose. Just an idea.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

Bondo

Staff member

After all, the indicator is just a reference point for your benefit. The action of the boat will indicate if it’s trimmed correctly.<br />
I prefer the "Seat of the Pants" gauge myself,......... ;) <br />I put an hourmeter in that hole on the dash......... :D