I lost my 470/3.7L weep hole

natemoore

Master Chief Petty Officer
Can someone post a picture of the timing belt cover with possibly an arrow pointing to the weep hole? I remember it from my overhaul, but now can't find it.
Thanks!

fmalott

Chief Petty Officer
Re: I lost my 470/3.7L weep hole

my weep hole has a brass plug i'm not sure if they are suppose to be unplugged but mine came with a plug so if my cam seals leak i have to pull the plug out to see if leaking. i hope this is what your looking for

Attachments

• boat 029.jpg
    boat 029.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 12

natemoore

Master Chief Petty Officer

my weep hole has a brass plug i'm not sure if they are suppose to be unplugged but mine came with a plug so if my cam seals leak i have to pull the plug out to see if leaking. i hope this is what your looking for

I'm pretty sure that is one of the plugs for draining the block. Think about it. What's the point of having a weep hole that is supposed to warn you of a failing camshaft seal if it's plugged up? The weep hole as I recall is about 1/8" in diameter and it's somewhere down there near the drain plug.

fmalott

Chief Petty Officer

my BAD i looked in my manual and it is the drain plug not the weep hole for the cam seals i will have to relook at my motor for the weep hole i have it pulled and on a stand. Hmmm!!

stonyloam

Vice Admiral

That is not the weep hole it is a plug to drain the waterpump. The weep hole is shown in the photo and is in the lower port side when it is bolted together.

fmalott

Chief Petty Officer

read on
That is not the weep hole it is a plug to drain the waterpump. The weep hole is shown in the photo and is in the lower port side when it is bolted together.

stonyloam

Vice Admiral

:facepalm:Oops, lower STARBOARD side, sorry, do that all the time.

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

:facepalm:Oops, lower STARBOARD side, sorry, do that all the time.

Someone once told me, while at the helm the port side is on your left.... port and left both have 4 letters. That's how i remember. :)