lube monitor bottle - are they all the same?

fish hook

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 2004 Tahoe Q4 with the 4.3 V6 Carb. The lube monitor is leaking from the wires on the bottom. I want to order a new bottle but am having trouble determining the part#. Are all of the "rectangular" bottles the same? It seems like there are two types but looks like only the mounting bracket setup is different. Also, can you leave the bottle off to winterize? I'm thinking about waiting until the spring to purchase & install the new bottle.

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: lube monitor bottle - are they all the same?

Any mercruiser dealer can look the part up. No aftermarket parts available.

You can leave it off for winter. It should be cleaned once a year to remove the "solids" that collect at the bottom of the bottle.

tpenfield

Staff member

I have a 2004 Tahoe Q4 with the 4.3 V6 Carb. The lube monitor is leaking from the wires on the bottom. I want to order a new bottle but am having trouble determining the part#. Are all of the "rectangular" bottles the same? It seems like there are two types but looks like only the mounting bracket setup is different. Also, can you leave the bottle off to winterize? I'm thinking about waiting until the spring to purchase & install the new bottle.

My favorite site when I need to determine the proper Mercruiser part number, etc.

www.mercruiserparts.com

you can also order from them, but sometimes it is a bit pricey. Before you go spend $$$ check the tightness of the fitting on the bottom of the bottle. It could have come loose and would be an easy fix.

Bondo

Staff member

I want to order a new bottle but am having trouble determining the part#. Are all of the "rectangular" bottles the same?

Ayuh,... I donno if their all the same or not,...

That's why parts should be ordered using the Serial Numbers of the motor, 'n/ or the drive...

Fun Times

Staff member

Are all of the "rectangular" bottles the same? It seems like there are two types but looks like only the mounting bracket setup is different.
No, they are not all the same. There are many different angles the hose barb fitting sits at on the bottle that you can not change around yourself.

You could study your bottle's design to help find your bottle when looking at the parts diagram using your engine serial number.;):)

Good luck.:)