Mercruiser 3.0 alpha one

hollan681

Cadet
Good fternoon all,

first timer here, recent boat owner super excited to be on the water. But it all came to a screaching halt after docking and the trim wouldn't go up. I have a mercruiser 3.0 alpha one i/o. So I was stuck on the boat ramp with the trim all the way down, I had no other choice but to disconnect these two pistons that bring it up and down and manually brought it up. Tied it up and off I went.

I ordered two solenoids from iboats, hopefully that will be the problem. Any sugggestions would be great.

steve.

Last edited:

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Mercruiser 3.0 alpha one

Somehow you ended up in the MERCURY OUTBOARD forum...you need to do this is the correct forum to get your answers!

That would be MERCRUISER I/O forum....

Happy boating!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I will move you, Hollan.

Good luck. :)

Bondo

Staff member

Good fternoon all,

first timer here, recent boat owner super excited to be on the water. But it all came to a screaching halt after docking and the trim wouldn't go up. I have a mercruiser 3.0 alpha one i/o. So I was stuck on the boat ramp with the trim all the way down, I had no other choice but to disconnect these two pistons that bring it up and down and manually brought it up. Tied it up and off I went.

I ordered two solenoids from iboats, hopefully that will be the problem. Any sugggestions would be great.

steve.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,...

Insteada throwin' parts at it,...
I'd start by taken the wiring ends off their mounts, 'n Clean 'em, with sandpaper...
Then if it don't work, follow the power with a multimeter, 'n jump wire to find the Problem part, if there is 1...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here is how you troubleshoot the trim system. Solenoids are probably NOT your problem.

Attachments

• A1 Trim Troubleshooting .pdf
    216.8 KB · Views: 0