Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.
Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.
1. Please do not reply to old topics or hijack existing topics. Old topics of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.
2. Old topics should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.
3. Do not take over someone elseís topic (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new topic of your own.
4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the topic is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old topic.
5. By starting your own topic, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís topic. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.
6. Please do not post to topics that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any topic that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old topic.
7. Posting at the end of any topic is considered to be hijacking the original posters topic which in turn subjects the topic to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.
8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive topic asking you not to reply to old topics. The Red banner will read: Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.
Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.
very nice hd.... might have to make me a new one....
Thanks Zigg. Couple more small braces, a little sanding and some paint. She will be complete. Works like a charm. I can spin the prop, service all ports/drains and I can also wheel it right to the back of the boat, mount it and wheel cart out of the way. Re-mounting the drive has to be done with the prop removed though.
These thing are really worth there weight in gold if you service/store your own O/D as you already know. You can buy them for around $100 made from steel tubing but I like projects!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans!
This is my stand. It will also be the home of the engine during my restoration of my 1972 Silverline Comoro 17T I/O. The engine will be set on cross braces when it is removed from the hull this next weekend. I will post more pictures at that time.
I can't resist posting my improvised stand...I actually bought a U-pod, the yellow plastic stand on the right. Instead of working on one drive at a time, I needed to work on my two drives side by side, to compare wear and tear...
The stand was built in 20 minutes, using large bolts, and nuts from another project...
Built this saturday morning. Got the idea when I went to get new toung jack for my trailer from the store. The store desplay had a set up near the same to show how strong it is so I adapted that idea to this.