1968 Glassmaster w?mercruiser

bruiserman

Cadet
I have this Glassmaster boat, 1968 and cannot figure out what motor is in it. I was told it was a HEMI??? but it has 4 cylinders. It has the spark plugs going in through the valve cover. If there is anyone on here that may have an idea that would be great. I need the coupler for this thing. This is all I need to get the boat in the water and I got it for free so I am hoping someone can help me out with what kind of motor is it and then I can get the part. Ebay is not a good source right now. Any and all ideas appreciated. Thanks If a pic would help I could email anyone this pic, I just don't have it posted online so I can't link it.<br />Thanks in advance<br />B

bruiserman

Cadet
Re: 1968 Glassmaster w?mercruiser

you guys are great. That sure didn't take long. Wish I would have found this site sooner, thanks so much and I'll be around much more. Now I can actually get this boat back in the water!<br />Thanks <br /><br /><br />
I'm all for finding the part here at IBoats
What do you mean by this. Is this a company as well or used parts. Cause I will be needing more parts for sure, just not for the motor.

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by bruiserman:<br /> you guys are great. That sure didn't take long. Wish I would have found this site sooner, thanks so much and I'll be around much more. Now I can actually get this boat back in the water!<br />Thanks <br /><br /><br />
I'm all for finding the part here at IBoats
What do you mean by this. Is this a company as well or used parts. Cause I will be needing more parts for sure, just not for the motor.
At the top of this page,<br />Click on "Marine Mega Mall".......<br />Lots of parts are ava. from iboats......

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class

FINALLY ANOTHER GLASSMASTER!<br /><br />Hey,<br /> I got a 1964 Glassmater 16' Runabout with the Mercruiser 110 HP on it. I just picked it up in September as my Winter PRoject and I have been looking for a new outdrive upper for it. As I have been surfing Ebay for these parts I have seen, there was a whole 80 HP renault engine and the complete mercruiser outdrive (and all the through transom goodies) last week with a reserve of $395.00. I don't think it sold either. <br />See if the advanced search features on EBay may help you contact the seller if you want. Also there is an outdrive upper unit for your engine on EBay now, I remember it is located in Boston<br /><br /> I haven't come across any other Glassmaster owners here. Do you got any pics yet?

DHPMARINE

Captain

bruiserman,<br />What you need is a #45621A1 coupler,and the shaft that goes into it as well (#39412).Those are Mercruiser numbers,but they are No Longer Available from them.Maybe a prop rebuilding shop could help you with the coupler (rebuild?)<br /><br />DHP

D

DJ

Yep, it's a Renault. They were plagued with head gasket problems not to mention pretty gutless.

bruiserman

Cadet

eggkr8, I just got this boat too. Was basically free from my father in law. He was letting it sit in his yard. Don't have pics yet but I'll take a couple. We are going to redo the interior and paint it. The motor was just rebuilt and this part broke. Probably because my F-inlaw did not have the motor alligned. I heard that this will cause it to ruin the coupler. I will just have to put this part on. Align it and it is ready. Everything else I do is so it looks good. Will keep you posted. Would love to see pics of your boat too.<br />Later

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class

I dunno which will get you faster results, asking My parents to see pictures of their grandkids or<br /> asking me for pictures of my boat!!<br /> http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2330115093&congratulation_page=Y <br /><br />Sorry for no link, but if cut and paste that link it should get you there.<br /><br />The only other glassmaster pictures I have seen was over on www.fiberglassics.com, if you go to the Glassmaster brand, a guy has a photo album under STILL IN USE

bruiserman

Cadet

Found the part thanks to you guys help. Went and picked it up today. A marine shop in Cocoa florida still had one in stock. Talk about lucky. Went and got it today cause you know how many people out there with a 1968 glassmaster were needing this part. :lol<br />Anyway, going to start painting tomorrow. Will take some before and after pics and during too.<br />Later<br />B

Eggkr8

Petty Officer 1st Class

You are already at painting?!? I am jealous. I can't even think about fiberglassing until at least March! I have given myself a goal of July 4, 2004 for completion<br /><br />That Complete renault power train is still on Ebay, I think it is $395. Given the rarity of these, might not be a bad investment

Bondo

Staff member

I have given myself a goal of July 4, 2004 for completion<br />
Good Luck...................<br /><br />You're 6 Months Over Due Now.................. :D