? installing a new "Y"pipe on a Mercruiser 350 & alpha 1 / gasket or permatex ??

Bchichi

Recruit
? installing a new "Y"pipe on a Mercruiser 350 & alpha 1 / gasket or permatex ??

I purchased a new Exhuast "Y" pipe cause mine had a hole on the bottom. I removed the engine and the old corroded y pipe.

I can't seem to find any mention of a gasket for the Y pipe and when I removed it I don't think there was one, just some permatext gasket around the edges.

I have a manual and they don't mention a gasket or permtext to install it. Can any one out there help me get this right and if there is a gasket maybe email me the part #.

Thank you

Bchichi

Last edited by a moderator:

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Re: ? installing a new "Y"pipe on a Mercruiser 350 & alpha 1 / gasket or permatex ??

Re: ? installing a new "Y"pipe on a Mercruiser 350 & alpha 1 / gasket or permatex ??

Going by memory and Im old, there is an o-ring there. Not a paper gasket. I check for a part # if no one else chimes in.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Going to need a engine SN or maybe even a year if you want to find the right parts. They aren't the same for all years.

What manual do you have? Bet it's an aftermarket junk manual if it doesn't show the seal rings.