Anyone know how to rebuild the Trim/Tilt Hydraulic Rams?

Timber492

Recruit
I am looking into buying a 20'Thunderbird Formula W/ I/O & a Chev 350 260 HP , but the problem that I am having is that the trim cylinders seem to be seized. Does anyone know how hard it is to rebuld them?<br /> Also, When I try to put it in gear, the motor kills! That might be from just not being warmed up, but when I try to just move the shifter into gear, it wount move anyfarther than an 1" or 2. We thought the cable was tight, but then noticed that we could hear it hitting in the lower unit as we played with it, but it still wont go into gear! IS there something majorly wrong with it or is there something I can do to find out for sure before I buy it? Any comments right now will help out a lot! Thank you everyone! :confused: :confused: :confused:

thompmik

Cadet
Re: Anyone know how to rebuild the Trim/Tilt Hydraulic Rams?

Timber, <br /><br />Not sure what kind of outdrive you have or the year of it. But for my AlphaI GenII there is a Overhaul Kit and a seal kit you could get for $140.00. If you need to replace the cylinders they can run $230each. Check to see what is making your cylinders seize. It can get expensive.<br />BTW a new hydrolic pumb is $560 or so.<br />Good Luck