Torque settings for mercruiser 120?

shakespear

Seaman Apprentice
any help greatfully recived<br />have a 1978 153 CID mercruiser inboard which i am stripping down to overhaul, but have no manual for torque setting.<br />if you can help i need<br /><br />head settings and sequence<br />big end and mains settings<br />inlet and exhaust valve clearance and how to set (hot/cold running or static)<br />the book code the ISBN no. of the back of a manual next to the bar code, for this engine would be even better as i can order one<br />thanks again :confused:

shakespear

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Torque settings for mercruiser 120?

sorry forgot to mention its a GM 4 cyl.

Trent

Captain

Cylinder head torque is 93 ft lbs.<br /><br />10 6 2 3 7<br /><br />9 5 1 4 8<br /><br />Valve setting is one turn down from zero lash.<br /><br />Valve face angle is 45 degrees for both. Seat angle is 46 degrees.<br /><br />Main bearing cap 65 ft lbs<br />Manifold to head 23 ft lbs<br />Rods (11/32-24) 33 ft lbs<br />Rods (3/8-24) 40 ft lbs<br /><br />What else you need?

shakespear

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for you help can you run me through the valve clewrance setting as most of the engines ive worked on have been overhead cam with hydralic tappits.the last thing i worked on with ohv was about 15 years ago

horndog

Petty Officer 1st Class

getting a manual before an overhaul would be ideal since all of this info and more is in there. I have the same motor and invested in the service manual.