Alternator Belt 3.0

OJ_Simpson

Cadet
What size belt goes to the alternator on a 2005 3.0 mercruiser? I have 3/8 x 40 stick in my head but wanted to be sure before i ordered one over the internet. I tried to pick one up this afternoon at advanced auto and the smallest they had was 46".

Tucksy

Recruit
Re: Alternator Belt 3.0

I've a 1990 3.0 mercruiser and i used a Halford 1000mm and fits perfect and only ?3.20

Falco

Cadet

First off you'll need a pair of black leather gloves, a knife..... Oh wait, my bad.
I went to Napa for my belt, its alot more durable than the ones sold at boating sources. If you can't measure the old belt, you can look up the size using a parts finder.

OJ_Simpson

Cadet

There is quite a bit of black dust down there, so I'll definetely have the gloves on. I've searched most everywhere, and can't find the part number for the belt. It makes no sense why the manual doesn't give size or part number. Considering Mercruiser does such a great trying to rip people off with their propetiery oils, im surprised they dont do the same with the belts. I'm pretty sure it's a 3/8 x 40. I'll try another auto parts store this evening.

Thanks Tucksy, but I'm in the US. The metric system is too logical for us.

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

There is quite a bit of black dust down there, so I'll definetely have the gloves on. I've searched most everywhere, and can't find the part number for the belt. It makes no sense why the manual doesn't give size or part number. Considering Mercruiser does such a great trying to rip people off with their propetiery oils, im surprised they dont do the same with the belts. I'm pretty sure it's a 3/8 x 40. I'll try another auto parts store this evening.

Thanks Tucksy, but I'm in the US. The metric system is too logical for us.

O.E.M.is: 57-862054 (Q)