looking for parts? 1978 mercruiser 165

shadetree_fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey all, I just thought it was worth a shot to ask if anybody has some spare parts that are good but they don't need anymore? My motor is a 1978 mercruiser 165 inline-6 I need a distributor & 2barrel carb and a 165 outdrive whole unit or just lower. Priority is distributor!!!
I purchased a 1978 Glastron SSV-177 REAL CHEAP! ALMOST FREE motor turns & has good compression.I would like to restore it to my preference and make a fishing/pleasure boat out of it. Yes I know what it takes to rebirth a boat such as this and no i don't have the funds to do it either, BUT I'm not in a hurry & want to teach myself a little about boats. Worst case scenario,strip & part out the hull & engine & convert the trailer for hauling!!!

Thanks in advance, Mike

dirtyoldman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: looking for parts? 1978 mercruiser 165

Hey all, I just thought it was worth a shot to ask if anybody has some spare parts that are good but they don't need anymore? My motor is a 1978 mercruiser 165 inline-6 I need a distributor & 2barrel carb and a 165 outdrive whole unit or just lower. Priority is distributor!!!
I purchased a 1978 Glastron SSV-177 REAL CHEAP! ALMOST FREE motor turns & has good compression.I would like to restore it to my preference and make a fishing/pleasure boat out of it. Yes I know what it takes to rebirth a boat such as this and no i don't have the funds to do it either, BUT I'm not in a hurry & want to teach myself a little about boats. Worst case scenario,strip & part out the hull & engine & convert the trailer for hauling!!!

Thanks in advance, Mike

I have all three parts. I'll send you a PM.

shadetree_fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

"dirtyoldman" I got your PM & replied,
Thx mike

cruisinghigh

Recruit

Im looking for lower unit for 1978 165/4.1L/6cyl, i just brought this boat,lower unit making noise,