Carburetor rebuild for 3.0 Mercruiser

giossoj

Cadet
OK, this started in my last one and everyone points my problem to needing a carburetor rebuild.

Does anyone know where to get an actual carburetor rebuild kit for the 3.0 liter mercruiser? Or maybe the part number I can search for?

I called around and all they can find is a gasket set then the sepparate needle and pump sets.

Does anyone know the part number for a rebuild kit with everything included?
My carb number is 807504N
My engine serial number is 0M377569

Simoniz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Carburetor rebuild for 3.0 Mercruiser

Ive rebuilt my Mercarb from the 3,0l and bought a repair kit which contained all the necessary gaskets and seals (Quicksilver too).

Have you tried Jim Hall jhall019@tampabay.rr.com ? Really helpful guy who, if they make it, can get it.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

quicksilver doesnt make a complete kit anymore.
you buy the gasket set,needle kit and accelerator pump kit.
or buy it aftermarket.
aftermarket you can get complete kits.

giossoj

Cadet

OK, after much headache, a lot of time searching on the internet and a lot of calling around I was finally able to get some information on a rebuild kit for these carbs.
I would like to thank all the nice people from all the shops I called gathering information on this as well.
I got lucky at Boat House marine when the guy was able to cross reference the kit to an after market Sierra kit.

It seems that good ole Mercruiser superseded this kit part number about 5 times so it dropped off of a lot of parts diagrams from most retailers.
Here is what I found. Hopefully this will save some people some grief and time when searching for it.

The complete carburetor repair kit for a 3.0 liter Mercruiser are the following part numbers:
3302-804844002 - This is the factory part number. It has been superseded to 3302-804844
The after market Sierra part number for the same kit is: 18-7098.
Believe it or not, but West Marine actually stocks this Sierra kit, their part number is: 136346.

You will find some weird things with this kit but it should work for a variety of years as well as both the Mercarb and the TKS carb.

My serial number starts with 0M3 and I found that I actually have the TKS carb not a Mercarb like everyone thought I had. The TKS has 3 screws holding down the Venturi as well as two jets. The Mercarb only has 2 screws holding down the Venturi and 1 jet. Both of these newer models are a 2 piece carb, the older motors have a 3 piece carb but are very similar otherwise.

These kits I mentioned above will work on all these carbs. The only thing is that the directions in the kits are for the 3 piece carb with only one jet so it may get a little confusing when putting them back together. These carbs are really simple and not much to them when you finally get them apart so just pay attention to how you take them apart and you should be able to get it back together ok.

Hope this help, and hope this saves some people the pain and grief I went through.

YankeeDiver

Cadet

Thank You. THANK YOU. My carb just died and I started the painful task of tracking this info down. I know what you must have gone through. Thanks again.

TiredoleBoy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ok, this started in my last one and everyone points my problem to needing a carburetor rebuild.

Does anyone know where to get an actual carburetor rebuild kit for the 3.0 liter mercruiser? Or maybe the part number i can search for?

I called around and all they can find is a gasket set then the sepparate needle and pump sets.

Does anyone know the part number for a rebuild kit with everything included?
My carb number is 807504n
my engine serial number is 0m377569

napa

giossoj

Cadet

Thank You. THANK YOU. My carb just died and I started the painful task of tracking this info down. I know what you must have gone through. Thanks again.

Glad my research was able to help.

To everyone with this problem, I did a full write up on the part number and where to find the kit in my post above.

antsmands

Seaman

Glad my research was able to help.

To everyone with this problem, I did a full write up on the part number and where to find the kit in my post above.

Rebuilt my carb last year. Got the complete kit from the iboats site!

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If you can figure out the right kit, get it from iboats. I try to get most my stuff from here. I couldn't figure out which carb kit, though, based on all the information listed.

Thus, for my carb kit, I went to a place called aftermarket marine (amarket.com) because they have a universal kit that they add parts to and works with all years. Try them. Their universal kit is like $3 bucks more.

mefran2

Recruit
Thanks so much for the info!!!! I spent hours looking for this. I did find the original kit 3302-804844002 at wholesale marine. Less than $80 with overnight shipping. Hate to not shop at iBoats but they don't carry the part number.