oil filter bracket for 3.7 mercruiser 190

9fingerracing

Recruit
I'm having trouble locating a oil filter/cooler bracket for a 190 mercruiser.
EDIT Solicitation not allowed

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: oil filter bracket for 190 mercruiser

Ayuh,... Just What are you calling a 190 mercruiser,..??
There has been Several motors rated at 190hp over the years...

180shabah

Rear Admiral

It's a 470, that's why he can't find parts.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... I got confused thinkin' 4.3l remote filter...or the 470,...

180shabah

Rear Admiral

He posted on solars thread about a 470 rebuild, that's the only way I knew which engine he had.

Don't know what he included in his original post, but appearantly Don didn't like it.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This was originally asked in my 3.7L rebuild forum, he is looking for the assembly that the oil filter screws into that changes it from horizontal to vertical mount and has the outlets that direct the oil through the cooler under the intake.

Its going to be a really hard part to find, its like the only part I have never seen for sale, not even on ebay!

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

He posted on solars thread about a 470 rebuild, that's the only way I knew which engine he had.

Don't know what he included in his original post, but appearantly Don didn't like it.

I had to tell him to start his own thread!:D

9fingerracing

Recruit

Yah. sorry. 3.7 mercruiser. solar. The reason I asked was I thought you had probably done a fair amount of searching for parts also and maybe you knew of a site. and the 3.7 is rare so there would be a fair amt of traffic there. I started a new thread right after I posted on yours not realizing I was being edited. I didn't realize that asking for parts availability was a sensitive issue on here. Sorry bout that.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yah. sorry. 3.7 mercruiser. solar. The reason I asked was I thought you had probably done a fair amount of searching for parts also and maybe you knew of a site. and the 3.7 is rare so there would be a fair amt of traffic there. I started a new thread right after I posted on yours not realizing I was being edited. I didn't realize that asking for parts availability was a sensitive issue on here. Sorry bout that.

I geuss since your new we will have to let it slide. Do your self a favor and make sure to read the posting rules sticky.

I know that epowerbasic.com (http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/c/MER6A/3.7L+Specific+Parts+for+Mercruiser) has 3.7L spasific parts but as I said before this one will be hard to find.

I think your best bet would be a boat salvage yard.