GLM manifolds/risers install questions.

dieselram94

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I bought an entire set of GLM manifolds and risers with gaskets last summer. I am just now getting around to installing them and noticed one of the riser gaskets is damaged it is a two hole two slot gasket. Should I get a GLM replacement or go get oem gaskets? No instructions came with these so I looked on GLM website and they recomended using Right stuff sealer or Permatex #2 non hardening on the riser gaskets. Also all gasket surfaces are painted like the rest of the parts. I believe I should remove the paint from the gasket surfaces, check to make sure flat and install oem gaskerts dry. Is there anyway to know if these are leaking internally? I plan to drain after each use.
Hopefully you guys think I am on the right track.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: GLM manifolds/risers install questions.

I believe I should remove the paint from the gasket surfaces, check to make sure flat and install oem gaskerts dry.

Ayuh,... Clean the paint off with a big ole flat file... The paint will show you the highs,+ lows...

Good Luck,... Use Merc gaskets...

dieselram94

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: GLM manifolds/risers install questions.

Thanks for the reply Bond-O. I went out and bought a 12" bastard mill file and a rubbing stone (coarse on one side fine on the other) today. I will order merc. gaskets tomarrow as well. I havent started cleaning them up yet, hopefully it wont be to bad. The small holes in the gasket go front and back right?
Thanks again.