no spark no injector pulse

jman1221

Recruit
i have a 2001 mercruiser 350 with the holley throttle body fuel injection system. i have no ground on coil (suspect that comes from computer) i do have 12 volts on coil and i have no injector pulse. turns over fine. i have checked the ignition switch, the large plug in the wiring harness, all fuses, swapped relay's and have checked every connection i can think of... is there a way to check the module in the distributer and does it control fire and fuel or is it just to curve timing?

PowerAddict

Chief Petty Officer
Re: no spark no injector pulse

wish I knew newer marine 350's, but in older 350's that pick up in the distributor was your pick up transistor for spark. If they are the same, there's a testing procedure somewhere...

although, I guess i just re-read that you said yours is EFI. So, that might be just injector timing...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i do have 12 volts on coil and i have no injector pulse.

How do you know you don't have injector pulses? How did you check for them? Noid light??

Do you have spark from the coil? Does the fuel pump run? Do you have fuel pump pressure?

Dshow

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you don't have one already, I would get the OEM service manual to help troubleshooting. I believe it's manual #24. (They used to be available in the Adults Only section... Don, do those links work anymore?)

jman1221

Recruit

Don, i checked with a noid light and there is fuel pressure. i own an auto repair shop, but don't have any info on this system. i know the older gm's like this the module controlled spark and fuel. just want to know how this is supposed to work. and if there is a test procedure for it before i throw money at it. tks.

jman1221

Recruit

oh yea i think i stated already....no fire, have 12v to coil no ground side....thinking it comes from computer

jman1221

Recruit

don... mine is an 01' 232 with the same motor...just bring ur's over here and i can do some parts swappin he he

derbin

Recruit

I have a similar problem did you find a test? Was it the ecm or a ground ?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I have a similar problem did you find a test? Was it the ecm or a ground ?

Hi there Debin, I just wanted to let you know that since the thread you pulled up out of the archives is over 5 years old and while looking back at jman1221 last activity date, he hasn't been online with iboats since then, so chances are he's not going to be coming back online to be able to provide you an update anytime soon. Below are a few reminders of iboats policies that we hope our forum members will try to follow along with as much as possible. Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old threads or hijack existing threads. Old threads of a technical nature are like a library book, Do not write in them. Even if it's to add more value to them at a much later date as it becomes confusing.

2. Old threads should be considered archives and used for reference only. Do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone else’s thread (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the thread is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old thread.

5. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when it’s posted at the end of someone else’s thread. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. If you do need information relevant to an archive thread, please add a link to it in your new thread.

Thank You for your cooperation
The Moderators.