Merc 350 MAG MPI Vibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG2006

Recruit
I am hoping someone could give me some advice as a lot of knowledgable people locally are stumped with my situation.

So, I have a 2006 Chaparral 235 SSi, and as seen above has a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI with a Bravo 3 drive. I put the boat in a few weeks ago and noticed a significant vibration at just about all speeds above idling.

The thing is, the vibration is only felt when I turn the steering wheel RIGHT. Driving in a straight line or turning left I have no issues. No issues in reverse as well.

Neither the outdrive or props have ever been removed. The only thing I have done from the time I pulled the boat and winterized for the winter last year and putting it in this year is top off the power steering fluid and grease the fitting on the right of the drive at the transom. Could not find grease fittings in the engine compartment on drive shaft, etc. Outdrive oil is full, engine oil is full.

Again, what is puzzling is the props/drive have never been removed and I am only getting a vibration in one direction, right, and at higher speeds. There are no marks on the props/drives from hitting anything, the props seem to be indented fine.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

180shabah

Rear Admiral
Re: Merc 350 MAG MPI Vibration?

How are the props indexed? Do you have a blade from each prop passing each other directly under the antiventilation plate?

LG2006

Recruit

Thanks for the reply, and apologize for using the wrong term (indented).

Either way, that I have not checked the prop position directly under the plate. I will check when I get to the boat on Friday.

How should they be alinged under the plate? And how could this have changed since my last service if I never removed anything? I wonder why it would be only a directional problem though.

Thanks again.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Sorry, I skipped right over the part saying that they have never been removed.

Wijeff354

Recruit
I am hoping someone could give me some advice as a lot of knowledgable people locally are stumped with my situation.

So, I have a 2006 Chaparral 235 SSi, and as seen above has a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI with a Bravo 3 drive. I put the boat in a few weeks ago and noticed a significant vibration at just about all speeds above idling.

The thing is, the vibration is only felt when I turn the steering wheel RIGHT. Driving in a straight line or turning left I have no issues. No issues in reverse as well.

Neither the outdrive or props have ever been removed. The only thing I have done from the time I pulled the boat and winterized for the winter last year and putting it in this year is top off the power steering fluid and grease the fitting on the right of the drive at the transom. Could not find grease fittings in the engine compartment on drive shaft, etc. Outdrive oil is full, engine oil is full.

Again, what is puzzling is the props/drive have never been removed and I am only getting a vibration in one direction, right, and at higher speeds. There are no marks on the props/drives from hitting anything, the props seem to be indented fine.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I was looking to see how you fixed the vibration problem with your boat please share your experience thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.