omc pre 77 stringer manual non clymer

badman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hi boat type folks.
anyone digitized a manual for the omc pre 77 stringer drive that isn't a clymer?
if so, can i download it?
nice one guv

WizeOne

Commander
Re: omc pre 77 stringer manual non clymer

Don't know about digitized but they say that the Seloc Manual is quite a bit better than the Clymer and of course the OEM Manual is the best.

I have one (OEM) for the early 70's variety electric shift even though I no longer have the drive.

badman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't know about digitized but they say that the Seloc Manual is quite a bit better than the Clymer and of course the OEM Manual is the best.

I have one (OEM) for the early 70's variety electric shift even though I no longer have the drive.

thanks for the reply.
Sounds like the OEM might be the better than the clymer i have, it's just not gt the detail when it comes to seals and closeups etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer

There is no comparison for an OEM manual for the model year of an OMC outdrive if you need closeups and detail information. There are some suttle differences in the model years 1968-1977. You would be better off if you narrow down the model year and then PURCHASE an OEM manual for the specific model year you have. Pictures of the complete outdrive, the boot and the boat hull serial # will help greatly. By using the above criteria, I was able to narrow mine down to 1 of 2 model years and then I used the BRP website to determine that the two model years were VIRTUALLY identical.