1980s mercruiser, 140 HP manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ok, I have no ssn, etc. I was at my buddies house the other day and this year he picked up his first IO -- he has always been an outboard guy. He had not winterized it, and yes we have had some freezing nights.

Here is what I know: Its an early 1980 mercruiser with 140 hp, and a 4 cylinder engine. I can get more information off of it Thanksgiving.

I was hoping to find an online manual to do a little reading on it.

Upon learning he had not winterized it, I jumped in it and found two brass drain cocks, one on the side of the block and one on the bottom of the exhaust manifold (same side of the block). I got both them open and drained--I had to probe with a wire into the exhaust manifold. I saw no others.

I was thinking I would change out his outdrive oil when I go over there Thanksgiving before it freezes again, if I can figure out what kind it takes.

If there are any manuals on line, please point me to them. If I need more info, I will get it later this week.

Trent

Captain
Re: 1980s mercruiser, 140 HP manual?

You also need to drain the exhaust elbow. Three drains on that puppy.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks! I will look for an exhaust elbow when I go over there on Thanksgiving. The boat owner is also from Southern Alabama, but they call it, LA -- lower Alabama!

North Beach

Commander

Thanks for the link! Just finished the download:D

Scottcw

Recruit
Trying to download the manual as well. Keep getting "critical error" message?

Fun Times

Staff member
Trying to download the manual as well. Keep getting "critical error" message?
Hi there Scottcw welcome to iboats.:)

Since we're not even sure what manual you're trying to download or find, it would be best to start a new topic of your own vs bringing up someone else's archived topic of many years ago. If you're not sure how to start a new topic of your own than the following link below should help you out with that.

Thanks iboats Mod team.

How to ask a question / Create New Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.