Torque specs for 140 Mercruiser

Boater Bill

Cadet
I need find the torque specs for the bolts on the drive shaft for the piston bearing and main bearings. Anyone know where I can find these specs?

The background in case anyone is interested: I had a knocking noise and with the help of my professional mechanic buddy took apart the engine to try and find it ? but to no avail after doing all the tests and then checking all the lifters, rods, valves etc. pulled the engine and checked the bearings ? but there was no evidence of them either. After talking to the local boat shop he suggested trying running for less than 3 mins without the outdrive to see if the noise was traveling well thru the block from the outdrive connection ? so I need to get the engine back together and try it out. I?ve ordered a new coupler between the drive shaft and flywheel (didn?t seem too bad, but since I had it out?) and a new gimble bearing (which was completely defunct) and borrowed an alignment tool. So now I need to get the engine back in and see if it makes the noise without the outdrive. So in the meantime - Any ideas on the torque specs? Thanks all!

Bill

woosterken

Lieutenant
Re: Torque specs for 140 Mercruiser

what make engine,size and year would help

woosterken