help with a 1968 mercruiser

jcsercsa

Captain
Hi all , I just got my next project, its a 68 crownline 17.4 foot , she has a mercruiser I/O 120 hp . Thats what i know about her ohh I belive she a 4 cyclinder here is a few pics , what can any one tell me about her ?? and the out drive ? is that a bravo 1 ?? thanks all !!!!! John
cownine003.jpg

cownine002.jpg

cownine001.jpg

transom009.jpg

transom010-1.jpg

JustJason

Vice Admiral
Re: help with a 1968 mercruiser

holy cow that's an oldy.......
I got a 69, whatcha want to know about yours.......
and how much to you want for your valvecover... it's in much better shape than mine :)

The drive is not a bravo.... dunno where you heard that one from.
In its day the drive was called a 120 drive, as all the drives where names after the HP of the engines.
basically its a #1 drive or Merc 1.

jcsercsa

Captain

holy cow that's an oldy.......
I got a 69, whatcha want to know about yours.......
and how much to you want for your valvecover... it's in much better shape than mine :)

The drive is not a bravo.... dunno where you heard that one from.
In its day the drive was called a 120 drive, as all the drives where names after the HP of the engines.
basically its a #1 drive or Merc 1.

Thank captJason, is it a good motor, what i mean by that does t have enought tork , reliably , yea i know it all depends on how its taken care of ,this one has been sitting for 30 years and it look like its was only used for 4 of the 10 years befor that!! [ my father in law ] hes gone so cant ask him and mom dont know !!!! I do know dad always took really good car of his stuff. this is in a 17.4 foot vhull. was thinking she would do a good 40 mph ??how do you like yours ?? what have you had to replace? Ok thanks for all the help !!!!!!!! John

jcsercsa

Captain

hay all , does some one know what should wot rpm be? thanks John

Old Tyme

Cadet

Hey jcsersca...how much "mid" in Mid-Michigan are you?

I am East of Muskytown about 30 miles and North of Grand Rapids at 43 miles.

Looks like an interesting project there and if we are ever around the area, would be nice to see.

I have a couple of those #1's...both on Mercruiser 160/165's.

Brian

jcsercsa

Captain

Hey jcsersca...how much "mid" in Mid-Michigan are you?

I am East of Muskytown about 30 miles and North of Grand Rapids at 43 miles.

Looks like an interesting project there and if we are ever around the area, would be nice to see.

I have a couple of those #1's...both on Mercruiser 160/165's.

Brian

HAy Brain. I am In Burton just out side of Flint,
sure anytime your over here give me a shout, would love to show her off !!!I am only a mile off of I 69.
I just might need the expert advice!!! John

jcsercsa

Captain

sounds like you need a copy of 'the book'....... here's a very good thread on where you can find one..... http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=251571 in 'the book' you'll find your answer...... ;) #1 is a large file, so give it time to load. over a gb.......

3900-4300

ziggy you the man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so very much thats just what i needed, took about an hour to open, but that is so cool !!!!! thanks again

AND a BIG thanks to DON S for the orginal Post !!!! John