Mercruiser Service Manual #17, for 1997 5.7L

Status
Not open for further replies.

1coolguy

Cadet
Does anyone have a good link to a pdf download for the #17 manual? I've tried the Don S thread and am only able to get the first 6 pages of the second volume. I've got a cheap Clymer manual that my local marine shop sold me, but once I saw the quality of the stern drive manual that I already downloaded, I'm almost ready to pitch the clymer. And by the way, thanks Don S. for posting the thread.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercruiser Service Manual #17, for 1997 5.7L

Go to the outline, then click on the secion letter you want to download. You have to download and save each section for that manual. Just make a new folder and put all the sections in it.

1coolguy

Cadet

Don S, thanks for the quick reply, but it appears that outline links are dead. When you click on each section, you get "There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be found." Any ideas?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Click on the section LETTER, not the section Number.
I just checked, and it does work.

1coolguy

Cadet

Sorry for rambling on with this, but I was making a stupid mistake when downloading, but I'd figure I'd post what I was doing because I'm sure I'm not the first or last to do this.

When clicking on the links (left clicking), probably depending on what Internet Explorer browser version your using, it may open up a blank internet explorer window while the file downloads and then in dumps the file directly into acrobat reader. (in other words, the pdf is not opened within Internet Explorer) And then when you click on the section leters, it can't find the section links becuase the pdf file is not in Internet explorer.

If you have this same problem, instead of simply left clicking, right click and select open in a new window. That way the pdf will open within Internet Explorer and the rest of the section links will then work.

Thanks Don S for verifying.

financegirl72

Recruit

Hey Don!

Would you mind sending a pretty lady a link to the download for a manual for a 1997 volvo penta 5.7 I/O. It's on the back of my 1997 Regal Destiny 200...I have a very slight leak in my trim lines, and need to add trim fluid and can't figure out where. I'm pretty experienced with lower unit and engine maintenence, especially for a chick! I've owned mercs for over 16 years, and can do my 100 hour maintenance on one of those with my eyes closed. I'm planning to put in the shop next month to drop the drive and do the imp/pump/gimble/boots and bellows, etc. However, I need to make sure it makes it through until I have the cash to do more work on it. I really appreciate any advice. I'm just so familiar with the merc, this one kind of scares me! LOL! Thanks! Angela

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Hi Angela,.. Welcome Aboard,....

I think Don has some links to some Volvo manuals,...
I'm sure he'll share 'em with you,.. I'd seen some posted in other Volvo threads,.. I'm not sure if He's linked them to the Adults Only section yet or not... You probably should check out the Adults Only section anyways, as it's a Gold Mine of Info...

While I'm not a Volvo guy,... I do know the Impeller pump is Motor Mounted,+ Not in the drive....

Good Luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.