1987 Celebrity V-Hull Cuddy Cabin Mod 210

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandl2123

Cadet
I've gotten myself into a mess here. I bought a really nice looking boat and now the work begins.

The boat has not been in the water since 2004, the floor is solid and there is a four cylinder 165 Mercrusier I/O in there with the trim all the way down.

1) I was able to take the starter off and work it out on the counter and then reinstall it and get her to rotate over with screwdriver. This after I put a missing (pos) and (neg) battery cable. The motor has excellent compression.

2) I was able to get the panel up front (hot) and when I did the rear end started smoking and it was a blower in the back that was locked up and sittin there smoking. Scared the b-jesus out of me. Thought my boat was on fire.

3) I will need an online site where I can find a wiring diagram for the boat....does such a thing exsist or will I need to buy some type of generic manual? I went to the one main boat site where I found this forum and I look up what is on the title and there is not such a boat?? Help!

4) I put the spark plugs back in the wires after cleaning and rotated the motor with starter and saw no spark. Guess I would have to have a positive wire running somewhere to the coil? (Pos or Neg) side?

5) Trim motor....it is sitting in the rear left corner of the boat and when I have power going to the panel I can push the button up and down on the throttle lever and I hear two distinctly different "clicks" when I push it up and then down but the trim is not moving and the "click" does not seem to labor or activate the motor at all. The hydrolic tank on the motor seems to be empty of any oil at all. Could it have run dry and burnt the motor? There are three wires coming off the motor head. A green, blue and black I believe. I touched there leads with jumper cables (neg/pos) in every combination and got nothing... Help again!

Thanks for any advice you may have for me besides the late "don't buy it" warning. Ha!

Mr. Tripp
Augusta, GA

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1987 Celebrity V-Hull Cuddy Cabin Mod 210

You probably won't find any wiring diagrams for the boat itself, but if you look in the Electrics, Electronics and Trolling Motors forum, there are a couple of stickies on generic boat wiring.

As for manuals for the engine and drive, here they are in .pdf format that you can download to your computer.
Drive and trim pump
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/6/6covr3.pdf

Engine Large file, approx 355 MB
http://www-alt.mercurymarine.com/mnetdata/SERVICE/CRUISER/Servmanl/08/cover.pdf

gandl2123

Cadet
Re: 1987 Celebrity V-Hull Cuddy Cabin Mod 210

Don,

Thanks for the good information. I will try and use the intel from the wiring diagram. I'm downloading the large file for the engine. The trim (Mercruiser manual #6) thing was great and only 7 pages long. I did see the hyperlinks on the last page but everytime I click one it gives me an error message. Is there a trick to it...do I have to download something? Thanks.

Mr. Tripp

lenarw79

Seaman Apprentice
I can't download pdf file from website, there is just book to buy

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed

Lenarw, please dont post to inactive topics. Its been nearly 8yrs w no new posts. Well past the 90day inactivity mark.

Start a new topic

Status
Not open for further replies.